Prerequisite: Metalsmithing 1
In this jam packed 2-day workshop you will have the opportunity to explore the many wonderful ways to make and use layered texture to enhance your unique jewelry designs.
Every fusing is a one of a kind opportunity to create something truly your own! For many years, Nan has been fusing pieces of Sterling silver to use in her successful jewelry line.
Day 1: Participants will spend a good bit of the first day learning and creating special textured panels to be used in future earrings, pendants or rings.
Day 2: You will be creating rings out of your fused Sterling panels.
You should be able to make several fused texture panels and two rings, depending on your skill level and what you are interested in creating.
Learn how you can use fused Sterling silver to take your jewelry making skills to the next level for totally unique texture plates that make your jewelry stand out!
MATERIALS & TOOLS
Bring your Metalsmithing toolbox, including the following items:
- 6x6" 20ga Brass sheet
- 6x6" 24ga Sterling Sheet
- Clean Sterling Silver Scrap 24–30ga
- Jeweler’s ruler
- Divider (Rio Grande #116328)
- Drill Bits, 0.6mm (Rio Grande #349091)
- Tweezers (Rio Grande #115561, or #115013)
- Griffith Pripp’s liquid flux (Amazon)
- Misting bottle for flux (Amazon)
- Large Charcoal Block, Hard (Rio Grande #502027)
- Grey Mizzy wheel w/ mandrel (Rio Grande #333109, #332189 or Amazon)
- Silicone Carbide Cutting Wheels, Slim (Rio Grande #337873)
- Eve High-Flex Blue Knife-Edge Polishing whee, Medium (Rio Grande #33240410)
- Jewelers Saw and 5/0 Saw Blades
- Fiskars 6" Micro-Tip Pruning Shears (Amazon 399211-1001 )
- Metalsmithing 1 tools to include saw blades, drill bits, hand files, sandpaper/sanding sticks and Foredom Flexshaft accessories
16 Contact Hours | Studio fee ($10 value) is included in your tuition
Fusing with Sterling Silver: Sat & Sun, Nov 5–6