Mon, Aug 15 • 10am–4pm
Prerequisite: Metalsmithing 1
This workshop is a practical approach to prong setting and teaches you the basics by repeatedly setting round faceted stones.
You will be learning to prong set with 4mm round CZs. Using a specialized wheel to practice setting up to 17 stones, this technique will give you more flexibility in your jewelry designs and greatly enhance your stone setting skills.
A Materials Kit (value $45) is included in your tuition, and includes the setting wheel and CZs for the workshop.
MATERIALS & TOOLS
Bring your Metalsmithing toolbox, including the following items:
- 4mm setting bur (Rio Grande Busch Setting bur #341555)
- Steel Prong & Bezel Pusher (square) (Rio Grande #113034)
- Prong Closing Pliers (chain nose) (Rio Grande #111174)
- Barrette Escapement file #8 cut (Rio Grande #114821)
- Prong Setting Pliers (Rio Grande # 111176)
6 Contact Hours
Prong Setting: Mon, Aug 15